Commitment to Diversity
Acting on Our Philosophy of Diversity.
The firm’s principal, Deborah Weinstein, has been active throughout her career in enhancing diversity and expanding opportunities for all.
- At the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Annual Continuing Legal Education Employment Law Institute in April 2014, attorney Weinstein and attorney James Pabarue presented a program exploring the topic "Is the Workplace the Right Place to Discuss Race?"
- Served on the Society for Human Resources Management's (SHRM) Special Expertise Panel on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Chaired the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Women in the Profession and Diversity committees.
- Drafted the “original” Statement of Goals for the Advancement and Retention of Women in the Legal Profession for the Philadelphia Bar Association, and spearheaded the Association’s initiative to obtain firm and corporate signatories to endorse this Statement of Goals, a then innovative strategy since replicated by numerous professional organizations.
- Supported efforts of organizations around the country seeking to enhance diversity and inclusion in their workforces (see Delivering Diversity Scorecard).
- Awarded by the American Continuing Legal Education Association for Best Public Interest Activity for Pennsylvania Bar Institute course, Achieving Diversity in the Profession.
- Co-authored a book on older workers, Putting Experience to Work, published by the Conference Board.
- Taught Women and Society, the first women’s studies course at the University of South Carolina.
- Wrote original curriculum and conducted training for the University’s federal Title IX Training Program for public schools, and Women and Therapy for Professional Development at S.C. Department of Mental Health.
The Weinstein Firm is a 100% woman-owned business certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. WBE is a service of the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Its mission is to open doors to women-owned business enterprises, so that they can more readily identify and use the state contracting opportunities available to small businesses.
The Weinstein Firm is certified as a Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC provides the most widely recognized and respected certification in the United States for women's business enterprises.